Nick Kyrgios and Costeen Hatzi’s love story started like a rom-com but has now found itself under the microscope. Back in December 2021, their relationship kicked off when Kyrgios stumbled upon Hatzi’s Instagram post selling a mirror. What started as a simple purchase quickly turned into something more, and by the end of the month, they were officially together. In 2022, they moved into an apartment in Sydney, making their relationship even more serious. But recently, there have been whispers that things are falling apart. But the Aussie is shutting the noise down.
The rumors started swirling when both Kyrgios and Hatzi removed each other’s initials from their Instagram bios. That wasn’t the only red flag. Reports claimed Hatzi left the U.S. and returned home after “the relationship soured.” Then came the cryptic TikTok video. Hatzi and her friend Golda Mansour posted a clip with the caption: “You don’t see your friend in a while and you have to update her on your chaotic life.” In the video, Hatzi mouthed the words: “Who the f*** did I marry? So at this point in time, I have filed for divorce.”
As speculation ran wild, the Australian tennis star stepped in to shut it down. He had tried to dispel the rumours when he commented on her Instagram post with heart-eye emojis. However, now he is directly shutting them down.
He responded with two words on X: “Fake news.” But the tweet he chose to reply to made things even more interesting. It read, “Jannik Sinner should date her, just to mess with Clown Kyrgios.”
Another person criticised the post for being misogynist and wrote, “i need you guys to talk about women like they’re real people and not irrelevant side characters in your fantasy of your favourite player’s life.” That’s when Kyrgios responded.
Fake news
— Nicholas Kyrgios (@NickKyrgios) April 3, 2025
That comment wasn’t just random. There’s history there. Kyrgios once dated Jannik Sinner’s current girlfriend, Anna Kalinskaya. Their brief romance in 2020 didn’t end well. Sinner and Kalinskaya have been together since April 2024. But Kyrgios’ issues with Sinner go beyond an ex-girlfriend.
The Australian has been relentless in his criticism of Sinner. Andy Roddick even hinted that the reason might be personal.
When Nick Kyrgios called Andy Roddick “sheep”
It all started when Sinner failed two drug tests in March last year. He settled with WADA before his case went to trial and received a short three-month suspension. Kyrgios was not impressed. In January, he called the situation “absurd” and accused Sinner of getting away with cheating. He even took a shot at Kalinskaya, posting and then deleting a tweet that said,“Second Serve.”
Tennis journalist Jon Wertheim added fuel to the fire on Andy Roddick’s podcast ‘Served’. He claimed that Kyrgios’ outrage wasn’t about doping at all. “This is just a personal vendetta. There is a woman involved here, who also happens to be a player,” Wertheim said.
The Aussie was having none of it. He clapped back at both Wertheim and Roddick. “Hahaha of course – sweep sweep sweep, how is this now my fault? I couldn’t care less where Sinner lays his wood,” he posted on X. “I’m in a happy relationship. I just don’t like people who are cheating the system. Roddick – never ever thought you were a sheep my guy lol.”
But Kyrgios and Roddick’s beef isn’t just about Sinner. Kyrgios is one of the plaintiffs in the PTPA’s controversial lawsuit against the tennis establishment. Roddick had something to say about that too. He posted on X, “Can we televise this trial asking for a friend” along with clips from his interview with Pospisil and PTPA’s executive director Ahmad Nassar.Kyrgios was quick to respond. He accused Roddick of being biased. “He is under the establishment thumb. Editing the video as they are about to answer. Ridiculous,” he wrote.
Amid all this off-court drama, Kyrgios has made his long-awaited return to tennis after 18 months. But don’t expect to see him grinding it out on clay. He has only played 17 clay tournaments in the last decade and has made it clear that he doesn’t enjoy the surface. Grand Slams remain his priority, and he’s sticking to what works for him.
Whether it’s his relationship, his feuds, or his return to the court, Nick Kyrgios always keeps things unpredictable.
The post Nick Kyrgios Claps Back at Breakup Rumors with 2-Word Response to Controversial Post appeared first on EssentiallySports.