MMA is known for its intense rivalries and feuds, forged both inside and outside the cage, and few fighters exemplify this more than Conor McGregor. From his heated clashes with Khabib Nurmagomedov to his epic showdowns with Nate Diaz, McGregor’s rivalries have become legendary. Now, after becoming a part-owner of BKFC, the Irishman has sparked yet another feud—with ‘Platinum’ Mike Perry. For the unversed, following Perry’s loss to Jake Paul last year, McGregor took to X to mock Perry’s performance, even going so far as to claim he was “fired.”
Perry, however, wasn’t having it, firing back with, “He doesn’t f–king have a promotion, because me and him are both owners of BKFC, so he can’t fire me.” But in a surprising twist, McGregor’s tone has recently softened. Whether it’s the financial hit from his civil lawsuit or the lack of UFC matchups on the horizon, something seems to have changed his mindset. The former double champ recently expressed respect for Perry ahead of BKFC’s Florida event. “Mike should come home, he still shows love to the game and we’ll always have love for Mike Perry for sure. And yeah, me and Mike would be a great fight for sure, 100 percent.”
In response, Perry remained upbeat, welcoming the apparent shift in attitude and leaving fans speculating about a potential clash between the two. A snippet from Ariel Helwani’s interview with Perry was posted on X by the MMA reporter. ‘Platinum’ said, “I mean, all respect to Conor for everything he’s done and he promotes quite well… He said that because maybe you’re about to see me come back, and then it kind of looks like he is leading the way over there. You’re not seeing it the way that you do when Platinum steps in there.”
Mike Perry responds to Conor McGregor welcoming him back to BKFC:
“I mean, all respect to Conor for everything he’s done and he promotes quite well… He said that because maybe you’re about to see me come back, and then it kind of looks like he is leading the way over there.… pic.twitter.com/DdRVYUy0qc
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) March 31, 2025
Perry also said that McGregor might want him back because BKFC is booming with success at the moment. Moreover, Perry does have 3 fights left in his contract and said that he would love to slug it out.
More to Follow…
The post Mike Perry Comes Clean On Conor McGregor Changing Tune After ‘Firing’ Him From BKFC appeared first on EssentiallySports.